Friday, July 1, 2011

Bake Love's Pavlova

(Forgive me, but I am crazy about this woman's recipes. She explains the science behind baking - which I really appreciate. Understanding why you do and don't do particular things, and what makes baking work the way it does really gives you a sense of confidence when you're attempting something new. You know what I mean? Think about how calm and in control you feel when you make something that you have a pro at. It's like that.)

For mother's day I made a Pavlova. How this came about?

Well... I was on Facebook, and on my news feed is Yuppiechef, Yuppiechef posted a photo of a pavlova with a link to Spatula Magazine, their online magazine, which often features Dine's recipies, like this one:


My mom is gluten intolerant so she misses out on the yummiest things. I feel bad when I bake delicious things that she can't eat. So I made her a Pavlova. And it turned out GREAT!

Try it out. Its so simple and so satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment