Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hello Miss Austen...


...I love Jane Austen, I think she was a woman well beyond her time. You should know at least one of her novels:

-Pride and Prejudice
-Sense and Sensibility
-Emma
-Northanger Abbey
-Persuasion
-Mansfield Park

I must say, I love Pride and Prejudice. It's certainly my favourite. And the film! Splendid! I never appreciated darling (skinny) Kiera Knightly until watching the film. Now I quite love her.

A while ago I (re)watched Becoming Jane, a film based on her life and time, staring Anne Hathaway (not Shakespeare's late wife) as Miss Austen. I think she does a good job, although I'm not sure Jane (if I can be so bold as to call her by her first name) was quite as pretty. Anyway, my point is: It's a great movie. Especially if you enjoy Jane Austen's novels. I would say that it gives you a great idea of on whom she drew inspiration for her various characters and their various actions.

That's my opinion. As an adoring fan. I'll leave you with this quote:


I'll let you guess which of her characters said it...

``In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.''


Mr Darcy of course.


Found on PostSecret Blog posted 21st March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment