Friday, March 12, 2010

Do you know this guy?

No? Neither did I until I read about him.

























But you'll know his work:

Dr. Yoshiro Nakamatsu holds more than 2,300 patents, more than double the 1,093 held by Thomas Edison. The next closest competitor holds just 400. For the past seven straight years, Dr. Nakamatsu has won the grand prize at the International Exposition of Inventors in New York City.

Dr. Nakamatsu invented the floppy disk and licensed the technology to IBM. "Does he get a royalty on the millions of disks sold every year?" I wondered; I discovered later that he does.

Among his many inventions are the compact disc, the compact disc player, the digital watch, a unique golf putter, and a water-powered engine.


http://www.creativityatwork.com/articlesContent/Nakamats1.html

It was Hurricane Vanessa's (Editor of SA Cosmo) blog about Nakamatsu that hooked me. Google - bless - produced several (323 000) hits and brought me to a particular interview. It is fascinating how creatives process. This man, is a genius with out a doubt. Now I'm not suggesting that we all go out and make ourselves 'static' and 'dynamic' rooms and the jump in the swimming pool (read the article if you feel confused) to get through the 3 stages of developing ideas that he has set out; I'm saying its fascinating. But he does make many good, sensible points.

No comments:

Post a Comment