Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Friday! (At last)

Kitima at the Kronendal

As the last bit of wine was decanted into my glass last night I knew I would dislike myself in the morning, but sometimes you have to live in the moment - so I was reminded by someone lovely.

Yesterday, Thursday 23rd June, was my dear friend Dirk's 5 year Clean and Serene. (Today, coincidentally it is Drug Awareness day.) Last night a (larger than expected) group of us got together for dinner. Most of us were an hour late. This was Dirk's fault. When he is here from Jozi he operates strictly on Cape Town time. Pity he doesn't apply Cape Town driving.

It was wonderful. We laughed and chatted, teased and giggled. The waiter was lovely - the kind that can actually advise what the yummiest things on the menu are, we were not disappointed. Kitima was, as usual, a delight to the senses with its lavish and metallic interior. I got home at 1am and got up at 6am. I'm exhausted. It must be my old age, I'm sure I dealt with lack of sleep better as a student.

So congratulations, Dirk. Well done on being clean for 5 years now and thank you for all the fantastic memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment