Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sick Day


I am taking a sick day. I think this is perhaps the second proper sick day that I have taken since I started this job in 2009. The office has not stopped calling. I was in a mind to go to work for an hour or two to calm everyone down and get things on track, but I thought better of it and I am still buttoned down under my down feather duvet doing what needs to be done - getting better.

Yesterday, after going home at about 10pm to start nursing myself back to full strength, I read and finished an entire book. I was most impressed with myself. I was hoping my body would be most impressed to and be all better today; or at least show a mild semblance of all better. I'm as pale and a sheet. It is not attractive. Thank goodness I am alone.

Where is my tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment