Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A New Addition...

Soon I will be welcoming home a new addition to the family. The furniture family I mean. I have been bar tending at Newlands Rugby Stadium for all the Stormers games (Stormers,* yawn). Most games result in some pretty good tips and I have been saving them to buy my flat something.

At first it was going to be a red kettle. I need a red kettle. I have this tiny 2 cup travel kettle which is on loan from my granny which tastes like plastic and takes an hour to boil. In fact, basically if you want tea for breakfast, you start boiling it before bed.

I knew exactly what I wanted, I had seen it last year when I first decided I needed a kettle.



Its beautiful, its expensive, its available on YuppieChef which I love!

But I had not saved up quite so much as that. And as Murphy would have it, there are NO red kettles in the stores when you want one. Except a few ugly, plastic, over priced ones.


This one, looks ok from far, but up front, cheaply made with a R800.00 price tag almost!

I was most disappointed.

But... lurking further along the path, heading to the exit, was a table. A four seater table. A table with a glass top. A table with central legs made of wood. A table in a very tempting price bracket. Alas, it was far more than a kettle. I needed at least another R1000.00 to be in the running for this table.

Well, good fortune did shine upon me on Saturday night (come to think of it, that might be the reason the Stormers lost to the Crusaders, on their home ground. Oops). At the end of the night I had made some nice money, and on hearing a comment regarding how much more I needed to buy the table, a very generous individual opened their wallet and handed me what I needed and made me promise to spend it on a table.

I ordered it the next day.

Today, I am collecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment