Thursday, April 29, 2010

Decorex 2010

I was at the Decorex Exhibition this year, as an exhibitor. No, i was not showcasing anything I have accomplished personally, I was representing my companies brand and being a generally pleasant human being in public.

I must say, in the last few years my former college friends and myself have attended everyone of these exhibitions for educational purposes and I find that when you are not involved in the build up of the event (which this year, I was) it is far more fascinating. I was not particularly taken with anything this year. After seeing excellent stand designs for many years running, it stands to reason that it takes a bit more to WOW.

As always I am amazed at people's oblivion to hideous design. Generally toward their own. And I can say this in good conscience because I too have been victim to this oblivion. That is why we have good friends that are honest enough to say "good grief, that's the fugliest thing I've ever had to lay my eyes upon, what in the Lord's beautiful world WERE you thinking?!"

Anyway, enough of being nasty. Something I saw that I loved, and think would greatly complete my so far only imaginary tile splash back in the kitchen are Stoor Ceramic Tiles. They are just lovely. And all hand crafted right here behind the boerewors curtain (meaning the Northern Suburbs in Cape Town). Don't you love the angry cat?







Also, I saw a lovely alternative to wall paper. In a way at least. Its about as expensive and requires possible they same amount of precision, however, you can design your own patten. Wall vinyl's aren't really a new idea I suppose, but now I have a contact, which is new. mywalltattos.com have some lovely designs... I loved the sparrows. Then again, I would. I love sparrows.






No comments:

Post a Comment