Friday, December 11, 2009

What we're working with...

...So I'd never looked at the flat before through the eyes I did once I knew it was mine to do with as I wished (or as my bank balance would allow) and well, to be honest, it needed a lot of work.









The Problems:

Damp - part of the 'add on' was built with porous cement causing the paint to bubble and peel of the wall. Just like rising damp, except with was rising, descending and generally omnipresent damp.

Floor - when the flat was built, Beech parquet Laminates were put down. Now don't get me wrong, I've nothing against laminates, but I hate beech (and maple in fact). So, those needed pulling up and replacing.

Walls - beside the damp, the walls were well, granny colours - and I don't mean that as an insult, I simply like bold colours. So I needed to do some painting. 13 walls worth of painting to be exact.

Furniture - or lack of it. There was no furniture at all. There still is no furniture. This is an on going problem at the moment. Only to be solved by patience or winning vast sums of money.

Very small budget - like i said earlier, I've been fully employed less than a year, my salary leaves little to play with. My little home project is on a tight budget. Very tight.

With these problems - I like to think of them as challenges (on a good day), I began to plan... What floor? What paint colour? What will I sit on when I do eventually move in?

No comments:

Post a Comment