Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Time to Paint...

WEEKEND TWO...

The second weekend I was on my own. So off I went to buy several litres of different colours - 2 purples and a red... and started with corners and edges, and man did it go slowly. It seems that when I'm on my own with out someone painting along with me, there is not competition, no motivation. And I only manage corners, edges and door frames for 2 walls. Very slow progress.


Sandpapering the lumps outta the (bad) plastering...







After a pitiful attempt at painting (there were 5 walls to do) my parents took pity on me and lent me their painter.

Enter: Paul the Painter!







And my! Paul could paint. He painted so quickly and efficiently. I looked at my paint and looked at me and said "you need one more litre of this" and off I went to do Paul the Painters bidding. Since he was painting I used the unexpected spare time I had been given to do other household tasks, such as scrubbing and wiping and spaying and washing... So the kitchen was cleaned top to bottom, inside outside, on top. Draws taken out, baskets beaten, shelves wiped, doors cleaned, appliance moved... fans cleans, blades wiped down (there are 2 ceiling fans and good grief but they collect SO much dirt). Finally - windows! Thank goodness there aren't too many. But they were filthy with dust and left over cement from the waterproofers, general dirt that builds up in a house left to its own devices for so long.





Once the painting was done, and Paul the painter and his "one thing I have learnt in life" anicdotes was dropped off at the station, I grabbed my surprisingly willing father to make use of what was left of the evening by drilling some holes for my (reclaimed) blinds and just general finishings off - putting switch covers back - which was tougher than taking them off since paint makes the little holes smaller than the diameter of the screws. I have become rather dexterous with that drill...



Final Colours...

No comments:

Post a Comment