Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Day...

So.... who cares that it is the Royal Wedding today? Honestly, two days ago I thought I had missed it. I got back from a road trip (post & photos to come) and I assumed it had happened while I was in the middle of nowhere, drinking tea in a mountain pass with no reception.



I was wrong. Its today. And the hype here in SA has been well, hyper since yesterday afternoon. I listened to everything regarding royal weddings on the radio all day yesterday, and all day today in the run up to the impending nuptials.


Agh, bless. Just look at them.

The girly fairytale believing part of me - which I have suppressed deep, deep inside - can't help by rear its dreamy, optimistic little head and I am finding myself more and more bitter that I am not planted on the couch, in front of the TV watching the ceremony and eating cucumber sammies and drinking tea like most people on my Facebook newsfeed are doing. Actually make the high tea!



No, I'm going to go ask for the afternoon off. Wish me luck. (The answer will without a doubt be no.)

No comments:

Post a Comment