Monday, January 18, 2010

Wallpapering...

With the absurd cost of getting a professional to hang four square meters of wallpaper, I decided - it couldn't really be that hard.

Well, it wasn't easy. And there was no room for mistakes. It took a few hours to hang a measly 3 and a quarter drops but with lots of help from my father and a watchful eye from my mother (who saved us from pattern repeat disaster) it was done better than I was beginning to expect.

Alot of hanging my wallpaper was guess work. Sometimes the (limited) instructions would suggest something we didn't agree with. So we did it differently - the way we thought would be better. Thinking back on it, we were following a potential recipe for desaster.

You can see the process in a rather condensed version. Cutting the drops took the longest and most concentration.

Thanks Dad for being as impulsive as me (I arrived home with wallpaper glue and said "wanna hang wall paper) and doing it all in an afternoon.










No comments:

Post a Comment