Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Destruction and Creation...

Moving is such a destructive task... pulling apart an area where you have lived - in my case for the more significant part of my life - and loved. But there is a silver lining to every dust cloud... A chance to start fresh, to clean up, to clear out, to de-clutter.



So since I was de cluttering etc I took the opportunity to force myself to part with things that I've hung onto for what appears to be no apparent reason. You know how it goes? Think back a few years, you choose not to throw something away, you put it in your cupboard, convinced that one day you will use it, or that in the future it will still mean as much to you... and years later when you are say - moving out - you find the things and realise, you didn't even remember keeping it.

Two large black bins later (it takes my family a week to almost fill up one), three big bags of clothes and a sizeable bag of shoes were what I parted with. The rubbish I took to the dump, the clothes and shoes were donated along with a few more I retrieved from some friends. I hope someone out there is enjoying my discards.




All the shoes I have left:




Of course my shoe collecting shall prevail... I love shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment